Polyurethane foam can be successfully used in concrete lift/leveling applications. The polyurethane foam is injected beneath the concrete, the expansion processes of the foam creates the force that lifts the concrete. The foam cures to a stable non toxic water resistant medium. Precise control of the lift can be easily achieved.
There are two factors to consider with broken or settled concrete:
- If concrete is cracked into numerous pieces, badly eroded or showing exposed aggregate: replace concrete.
- If concrete is in good condition or you intended to cover the slab with another floor system: polyurethane lift.
Consideration should also be given to what has caused the concrete to settle.
"Why should I lift or level my concrete?"
- To eliminate a tripping or slipping hazard; which is a safety and a liability issue
- Aesthetics – to improve the look of a concrete area
- Preventative maintenance - stabilizing the sub soil can stop the slab from breaking or settling
- Reduced maintenance
- More cost effective than replacing the slab
- Faster than replacement - you can use the area as soon as the work is completed
- Injection of the polyurethane foam compacts & compresses the sub-soil for a successful and lasting lift